Being familiar with the parts of your vehicle and how they work together is an important part of being a safe driver.
Your instrument panel contains the following:
- Speedometer tells you the speed of your vehicle in MPH and KPH.
- Tachometer shows how many rotations your engine is making per minute.
- Odometer shows how many miles your car has traveled in its lifetime.
- Fuel Gauge shows how much fuel remains in your car's tank.
- Gear Display shows which gear your car is currently in.
- Turn Signal Indicators flash when your turn signals are on; both will flash if you turn on your hazard lights.
- Active System Lights alert you to parts of the vehicle that are activated, such as an open trunk or door.