Take the first step toward obtaining your California Provisional Driver License (DL) by completing our online drivers education course. California DMV approved.
Sign Up for our Drivers Ed Online Course
How can I safely move forward?
- While keeping your foot on the brake, move the gear to “D” [Drive].
- Check to make sure it is clear in front of you.
- Check for traffic from sides and behind.
- Signal if you are moving to the driving lane.
- If your front is clear and your side is clear of ongoing traffic, move your foot from brake to the accelerator and push gently.
- Drive at a safe speed, look at least one block ahead of you, and steer toward a reference point.